BUILDING CAPACITY FOR BETTER OUTCOMES FOR NEW ORLEANS CHILDREN
CYPB is a planning board made up of 11 to 25 thoughtful, committed people and two staff members who plan and move together to deliver change that improves outcomes for children and youth in Orleans Parish.
The Board’s mission is twofold:
- To encourage collaborative efforts among local stakeholders for assessing the physical, social, emotional, developmental, behavioral, educational, safety, and poverty impacts and needs of children, youth, and families in their communities
- Assisting in the development of comprehensive plans to address the needs of children, youth, and families in their communities
CYPB comprehensive plans promote coordinated efforts in development, implementation, and operation of services and programs which encourage:
- positive youth development
- diversion of children and youth from criminal justice and foster care systems
- reduction in the commitments of youth to state institutions
- and provide a community response to juvenile delinquency.
We are committed to working together to advance the coordination and implementation of services in prevention, early intervention, diversion, alternatives to home displacement and incarceration, and treatment services, as well as the measurement of all services that address the needs of children and youth.
WAYS TO ENGAGE
Engage in Events and Meetings
We review and use data to understand current issues. We partner with all those connected to the issue to ensure a collective response and solution. Our bi-monthly board meetings are open to the public. See our calendar of events and meetings for scheduling.
Join a Task Force
Our current task forces address Juvenile Justice, Childhood Trauma, and School Attendance. Inquire here about how to participate in or observe monthly meetings.
Participate in our Emerging Initiatives
Initiatives grow into task forces. Our current emerging initiative are the Youth Master Plan and School Attendance. Inquire here about how to get involved.
Share Your Voice
We value the input of youth voice and those who work for, live with, and know youth. Your knowledge and insights inform our plans. Let us know your questions, comments, and ideas.
“You just need to be a flea against injustice. Enough committed fleas biting strategically can make even the biggest dog uncomfortable and transform even the biggest nation.”
–Marian Wright Edelman