Calling all Youth Leaders + Supportive Mentors!
Apply now to join Revolutionary Researchers: Youth Leading Change in Our Communities
A 10-month paid research training + project where New Orleans youth (16-24 years) will build skills and lead community change, guided by research experts and supportive mentors.
Applications / Deadline: 11:59 pm, Wednesday, january 4, 2023
- Apply to be a Revolutionary Researcher — open to all New Orleans youth ages 16-24
- Apply to be a Mentor — open to all New Orleans adult allies, age 25+
Materials / Download & Share!
- Download the Revolutionary Researchers + YMP Fact Sheet
- Download the fact sheet for Revolutionary Researchers or find it on Instagram
- Download the fact sheet for Mentors or find it on Instagram
- Download materials to spread the word
contact / Questions or comments?
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
More Info About Revolutionary Researchers:
Who should apply?
New Orleans youth (ages 16-14) who live, work, and/or learn in Orleans Parish, interested in building and sharing research skills for youth-led collective action.
- Participate in training sessions 2x per month (1st and 3rd Saturday)
- Design and launch research project that informs movement on the New Orleans Youth Master Plan: a 10-year roadmap for a positive, youth-development focused New Orleans
- Recruit and lead a squad of peer Revolutionary Researchers to co-create and deliver a community change research project
- Share research knowledge with your squad of Revolutionary Researchers
- Analyze and present project findings to key audiences
- Connect with a community of youth leaders, research experts, and supportive mentors to build change in your community
- Honorarium per convening, delivered via direct deposit
- Certificate in Youth Participatory Action Research (YPAR)
- Verification of community service hours, by request
- Opportunity for additional employment/leadership role upon successful completion of intensive training and project delivery
More Info About Mentors to Revolutionary Researchers:
Who should apply?
Supportive adult allies (age 25+) who recognize the power of youth voice and will uplift youth leadership, hold authentic relationships with youth, and champion youth success in community change projects.
- Participate in monthly training sessions 1x per month (3rd Saturday, 2-3 hours per session) from January-October 2023
- Hold relationships with up to 2 youth leaders through phone, text, and in-person communication. Check-in to offer pre- and post-training support.
- Encourage, cheerlead, and champion youth ideas and project progress
- Co-create solutions to address challenges and offer affirmative redirection/reframing where needed
- Document points of connection with youth leaders via provided template
- Not to exceed 10 hours per month
- Intro to Youth Participatory Action Research (YPAR) and supportive participation in the process
- $100 honorarium per month, delivered via direct deposit
- Verification of community service hours upon request