The Youth Advisory Board of CYPB is recruiting new members to join in 2022!
All 14 to 24 year-old’s who live, work, or go to school in Orleans Parish are welcome & encouraged to apply.
Applications close on Monday, January 31 at 11:59pm.
Want to help spread the word? Use our Recruitment Toolkit with ready-made graphics and caption suggestions, or re-share our messages on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter!
What does the Youth Advisory Board of CYPB do?
- Gives voice to their experiences, expectations & aspirations.
- Informs and advises CYPB’s planning of activities that impact New Orleans children, youth, and their families.
- Co-leads planning and action for the Youth Master Plan – a comprehensive roadmap where youth define success, set the standard for outcomes, and shape systems change.
- Act as ambassadors of CYPB and representatives of New Orleans youth voice and vision.
What will the Youth Advisory Board focus on in 2022?
- Youth Master Plan Presentations: Build collective awareness of the Youth Master Plan, Youth Vision, and ways to participate in the change process by offering youth-to-youth presentations across New Orleans.
- Youth Participatory Action Research (YPAR) Data & Engagement Squads: Co-create and launch a youth-to-youth survey about experience and perspective around key issues and solutions to inform Youth Master Plan implementation, monitoring, and evaluation. Report out findings to peers, organizational partners, and elected officials.
- Youth Convening: Plan and host a youth event in Spring 2022 to promote opportunities for civic engagement and Youth Voice in New Orleans.
- Dismantling Adultism: Engage with and train youth-serving organizations in how to be more youth-centered, using the Youth Advisory Board-created Dismantling Adultism Toolkit (2020-2021).
- Youth Equity Center: Consult other organizations in how to launch and run an effective and youth-centered Youth Advisory Committee.
What are Youth Advisory Board commitments & benefits?
- Serve up to 2 years on the Youth Advisory Board to CYPB
- Attend virtual monthly Saturday convenings (10am-12pm), with additional convenings as necessary (transition to in-person convenings TBD based on COVID-19 circumstances)
- Participation stipend available to all members
- Community service hours available upon request
How do you apply?
Applications close on Monday, January 31 at 11:59pm. Round 2 applicants will be invited to join a virtual panel interview on Saturday, February 12.