A one-day virtual summit held on Tuesday, October 26, 2021 to promote compassionate healing in New Orleans for our children, youth, and their families.
Building on the 2019 New Orleans Summit on Compassion & Resilience and Called to Care strategic plan and report, the Called to Care: 2021 New Orleans Virtual Summit brought together mental health and well-being practitioners, community members, sector and systems leaders, and educators for a day of shared learning, coordination, connection, and action towards compassionate healing in New Orleans for our children, youth and their families.
The annual Called to Care summit is presented by the New Orleans Children & Youth Planning Board (CYPB). Thank you to our 2020-2021 Sponsors, Baptist Community Ministries (BCM) and emPOWER NOLA.
- 00:00 Grounding
- 0:24:43 Pt. 1: Imagining What’s Possible
- 1:29:45 Pt. II: Emerging Healing-Centered Practices in New Orleans
- 3:18:21 Pt. III: Identifying & Managing Compassion Fatigue
Check Out Materials From Called to Care 2021 New Orleans Virtual Summit!
Downloads & Overview
- Download all slides shared during the summit.
- Download the Shifting Mental Models breakout room discussion handout.
- Refer back to the day’s agenda and speaker bios.
Pt. I: Imagining What’s Possible
Pt. II: Emerging Healing-Centered Practices in New Orleans
- Sozi’s Website
- For Black youth in New Orleans, music is a ‘safe haven’ to pursue mental health by Keva Peters, Jr.
- PLAAY at Center for Resilience (CFR)
- PLAAY National Resource
- Dr. Stevenson’s TED Talk
- Center for Grief and Trauma Therapy at SUNO
- Bureau of Family Health, Louisiana Health Department
- emPOWER NOLA
Pt. III: Identifying & Managing Compassion Fatigue